Best Moving Company in Durbanville
If you are a Western Cape local, chances are you have touched base in Durbanville, home to one of the oldest municipalities in the area.
Perhaps you have dined at many of the fine Durbanville restaurants or bistros, or enjoyed a mountain bike challenge on a wine farm scattered on the western outskirts of town. You may have bought a new dream home near the Durbanville Rose Garden, or retire in a picture perfect sanctuary near the Durbanville old Club.
Cape Movers Furniture Removals is a leading moving company in Durbanville.
We are outstandingly equipped to make your Durbanville move a stress free event from start to finish. We also move offices and commercial enterprises and will be happy to settle you in your new work space, be it close to the Durbanville Mall or Graanendal Shopping Centre.
We safely and securely move offices too
When moving your workplace, you will have a large quantity of cumbersome furnishings such as desks and storage cabinets, as well as pricey office equipment like laptops and display monitors to consider. In addition to providing well-trained and skilled packing services that will carry your office furniture and equipment safely, our professional office furniture removers team can also make the unpacking and arranging of furnishings in your new area simple and manageable.
We help you plan for a seamless move
Be it moving your house or your office, there is a lot to consider, plan and do. At Cape Movers Furniture Removals we strive to be at your side during the entire process.
In order to make your relocation a pleasant and peaceful experience, we take excellent care of all of our clients during what can often be a stressful and gruelling event, even if you are only relocating to a new home a short distance away.
We are a moving company with considerable experience in the art of moving and who provides comprehensive moving services from beginning to end, including everything from packing to wrapping, to transport and unpacking.
Our work teams are well trained, professional and friendly and will assist from the planning stage to the final box being unloaded and placed in your new office or home. Our well-maintained fleet of trucks is available at very reasonable rates, and our professional team of movers and drivers is capable of safely and securely packing, moving and transporting all of your items on schedule and within your budget.
Contact us for a quote
We have excellent local knowledge of the century old town of Durbanville and are able to negotiate competitive affordable rates from Aurora to Sonstraal or Goedemoed to Valmary Park – your neighbourhood is our neighbourhood. For a quote or more information contact us by phone or email us. We also offer moving services in Stellenbosch and Somerset West.
Your move will be priced based on the amount of hours it will take to load and unload the truck, with some companies charging by the half-hour for their services. Access challenges, such as a lack of parking near your property, a large number of flights of stairs, or the use of internal elevators will increase the amount of time it takes to complete your relocation. An important consideration is that some older communities have narrow streets that can make it difficult for a truck to get through. In order to avoid unpleasant surprises on moving day, you should discuss this in detail with your moving company well in advance.
Tipping is greatly appreciated, but it is not mandatory. If you believe your moving company went above and beyond to ensure a seamless relocation by treating your home and its contents with care, consider tipping a percentage of your total. Keep cash at hand to pay the tip. However, you are under no obligation to do so. On moving day, movers will welcome a cold beverage as much as they will appreciate a respectful attitude.
- Keep your valuable items like jewellery and essential document with you during the move.
- Have a coolbox at hand to store any food and drinks when you clear the fridge.
- Clean the fridge once you have removed all the items.
- Clean under the fridge and other larger furniture pieces after they have been moved and uploaded on the truck.
- Arrange for a babysitter and someone to take care of your pets during the move.
- If you have any furniture in storage and it is not too far off route to your new house, ask the moving company if they can collect the items on the way.
It is best to empty your drawers and cupboards before a move. Leaving the items in there will make the furniture heavier and more difficult to move and load. The items inside may also not be as secure as when packed in a box.
- If you have pot plants, you should move them yourself because they can take up a lot of the moving crew’s time since they are difficult to move. The last thing you want is to find only the stem left of a plant that you have painstakingly and lovingly removed at your old home.
- Declutter as much as you can before the move. Donate old clothes, furniture and other items to the Durbanville Kinderhuis or the Animal Welfare Centre in Fisantekraal.
- Prepare to move as many boxes and goods as you can downstairs or into your garage in order to make loading easier.
- Suggest that the moving staff drop off boxes and objects that are easy to carry into the garage at your new property, and then take them into your new home yourself.
- If feasible, make sure there is enough space for the truck to park as close as possible to your front door.
- Disassemble any items that you can before the move.